Register to vote
Registering to vote is REALLY simple in Minnesota. You need to be:
- A US Citizen
- 18 years old on election day
- A resident of MN for 20 days
Register to Vote Online - ONLINE REGISTRATION ENDS TUESDAY, OCTOBER 16 AT 11:59 PM!!
This is the easiest way to register. Click here to register online with the MN Secretary of State.
Check Your Registration
Not sure if you are registered? Click here.
Voters in Shakopee, Jackson Township, and Louisville Township can vote early beginning Friday, September 21, 2018. You have a couple of great options of how to get this done.
Vote Early in Person
You can vote early at the Scott County Government Center in Room GC112 at 200 4th Avenue West in Shakopee on:
- Weekdays from 8 am to 4:30 PM through November 2nd
- Saturday, November 3rd from 10 am to 3 pm
- Monday, November 5th from 8 am to 5 pm
Vote Early by Mail
For your ballot to count, remember this important information from the MN Secretary of State:
- Read the instructions that come with your ballot carefully.
- You will need a witness when you vote and complete your ballot. The witness can be either a registered Minnesota voter or a notary.
- Mail the ballot and forms back right away after you finish. Your ballot will not count if it is received after Election Day.
To get an absentee ballot you can:
- Request an absentee online --> Click here
- Request an absentee by filling out this form and emailing, faxing, or delivering it to Scott County. Click your preferred language below to request an absentee ballot:
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I change my vote?
A: Yes. You can change your vote until one week before the election.
Q: How do I know if my ballot was received?
A: You can track your ballot with this nifty tool here --> Track My Ballot.
Q: Do you recommend voting early?
A: Yes. If you have any concern whether you'll be too busy or something may come up on election day, definitely take advantage of this option.
Election Day - November 6, 2018
Here are the details for voting on Election Day:
- Polls are open from 7 am to 8 pm
- Find your polling location here ---> Polling Locations
- If you aren't registered to vote on Election Day - YOU CAN REGISTER at your polling place on Election Day. Learn how here.
Your ballot may differ from these based on where you live within each community. Check the sample ballot specifically for you here.
- Most of Shakopee will vote with this ballot
- Most of Jackson Township will vote with this ballot
- Most of Louisville Township will vote with this ballot
Again, you can find your polling location here ---> Polling Locations.
- Jackson Township: Jackson Township Hall, 1091 130th St W
- Louisville Township: Marystown Parish Center, 15840 Marystown Rd
- Precinct 1: Shakopee West Junior High, 200 10th Ave E
- Precinct 2: Central Family Center, 235 Fifth Ave E
- Precinct 3: Fire State 1, 2700 Vierling Drive E
- Precinct 4: Red Oak Elementary School, 7700 Old Carriage Court
- Precinct 5: Youth Building at Lions Park, 1099 Adams St.
- Precinct 6: Community Center, 1255 Fuller St
- Precinct 7, First Presbyterian Church, 909 Marschall Road S
- Precinct 8, Shakopee Police Station, 475 Gorman St
- Precinct 9, Faith Lutheran Church, 150 130th St W
- Precinct 10, Shakopee Area Catholic School, 2700 17th Ave E
- Precinct 11, Cross of Peace Lutheran Church, 1506 Wood Duck Trail
- Precinct 12A, Eagle Creek Elementary School, 6855 Woodward Ave