What a great weekend to get the Tabke for MN campaign kicked off!!
Thank you so much to everyone who came out for our first door knock and campaign event on Saturday!! We knocked on a lot of doors and had great conversations connecting with 55a voters on issues that matter to them.
The biggest thing I heard on the doors this weekend were:
- Concern about the dysfunction and lack of ability to get anything done in St Paul
- Big concerns about health care especially for people with pre-existing conditions
- Discussions about tax increment financing and how it was used in Shakopee while I was Mayor. (Nope. Amazon did not receive any tax incentives to build in Shakopee.)
It was wonderful to connect with everyone and get so much done...and on such a busy weekend!
My parents were in town from Iowa and we had one of my favorite Shakopee summer trifectas.
- Taco Loco tacos to go
- Beer at Badger Hill for their sixth birthday (and I got an AWESOME new #ShakVegas shirt)
- Races at Canterbury Park.
We followed that up by our family marching in the #TCPride and a Twins win!!!
Hope you had a great weekend.
PS: Come out and door knock with me on Monday and Wednesday this week! TabkeforMN.com/Events